How to Elevate Yourself
Because you don't have to wait until the weekend to have fun, here are 5 quick tips on elevating your mood when the time arises:
1) LAUGH. Find something that makes you laugh, like a funny video, song, friend, memory or a tickle party with your child. Laughter raises the vibration and changes the mood in an instant :)
2) ESSENTIAL OILS. Bright, cheerful oils from doTerra (feel free to use oils from any company) such as Wild Orange, Cheer, Elevation (yes, there is an oil blend for this!), Motivate, Ylang Ylang and even a mixture of oils such as Peppermint and Lavender are some of my favorites to diffuse, smell out of the bottle or put on my wrists and inhale.
3) HANG OUT IN NATURE. I usually find that when I am low, being outside in nature with all of the fresh air really gives me new perspective (even in the Winter--cabin fever does exist!). To realize that you are a part of something that is greater and more expansive than you is a blessing.
4) MEDITATE. Taking 3 or 4 deep breaths (inhale for 4 seconds and exhale for 4 seconds) even in the middle of my day actually really helps to calm me down, puts me in a better mood and keeps me present and open to receiving good things that will uplift me and to not react to anything that is not-so-great. Read more about creating a fun, meaningful meditative practice here!
5) TRY SOMETHING NEW. It can be a new food, beverage, neighborhood to explore, movie, dance class, art project--you name it. When we learn or even try something new, we are able to stay present and our brain does a little happy dance because it, just like you, is GROWING. Remember: You never know until you try! :)